Monday, November 15, 2010

It's Hump Day!

Yes, I know it isn't Wednesday.




But today, Monday November the 15th marks the middle of November.



More importantly, it marks the halfway point for us nutty writers who have taken up the NaNoWriMo challenge. Yes, we really and truly seriously are trying to write 50,000 words in only 30 days.



Coffee has become a staple food in our diets.



Our fingers have permanent pencil or keyboard marks dented into them from long hours spent penning that brilliantly bad manuscript that will probably be rejected by a four year old looking for any kind of paper to color on.



We won't be able to use the excuse, "My dog ate my novel," because even the dog would likely blanch at the improbable story jotted down in a month long frenzied rush of noveling.



And yes, I am behind. But, somehow I don't feel alone sitting here lost on the side of the road to the NaNo finish line.



School was closed for two days, with the weekend following, and I was already a bit behind. I made quite a valiant effort to catch up, and almost made it before the extra long weekend. But four days of the kids at home leaves me four days worth of writing to play catch up on.



I've already made a dent in those four days with a frenzied attack at the keyboard today and I still have time for writing before bed.



Unfortunately the housework is feeling a bit neglected, my laptop threatened to strike, and I've had to start tying the mouse down to keep it from running away.



Fifteen more days to complete 50,000 words.



Write on.


Digg!

2 comments:

toomuchpractice said...

all you Nano guys are crazy!!! good luck & keep it up - I had no ideas & a business trip for the first 11days of November so that was my excuse for this year sorted ;) maybe next?

L. V. Gaudet said...

Thanks toomuch!