Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Random Ramblings - A Conversation With a Little One

A Conversation With a Little One By L. V. Gaudet At three years old my littlest one is on a big “I don’t like you Mommy” kick. At every opportunity every day she tells me, “I don’t like you Mommy, I only like Daddy.” (Of course, “Mommy” is the one that is with her 24/7, telling her “no” to having candy, marshmallows and popcorn for breakfast; “no” to swinging from the light fixtures, “no”, “no”, “no” to a myriad of things every day. And “Mommy” is the one always making her eat something healthy before a less healthy snack, clean up her toys, and brush her teeth and hair.) Here is a conversation she had with me a few days ago, completely out of the blue. R: “I like you Mom.” Me: “I like you too, R.” R: “If you like me, then you’ll give me candy.” Unfortunately for her, because I like her, I made her eat her healthy breakfast instead.

No comments: